Produced in France by sustainable beekeeper & honey manufacturer, Hédène.
This portable & elegant glass of propolis spray with effective ingredients Thyme and Green Propolis can help:
• To relief nasal congestion, runny nose, throat discomfort
• To relief symptoms of aphthous ulcer & promote oral cell recovery.
• To treat minor acute inflammatory conditions of the buccal cavity & pharynx
Suitable for both adults and children (not recommended for age under 3), especially for those who:
• Need to talk a lot at work, have busy lifestyles, or frequently work overnight
• Easily have discomfort in the throat or mouth, or are BBQ/hot pot/fried or spicy food lovers
• Smoke or drink quite a lot
• Care about respiratory, oral, liver health, or the immune system
What is Propolis?
Propolis is the treasure of nature -- thousands of years ago, the ancient civilisations have made use of the medicinal value of propolis. The Greeks used it to treat abscesses; the Assyrians placed it on wounds and tumours to treat infection and help with healing. In the natural environment, propolis is initially produced by bees to construct and restore their hive.
Propolis helps reduce fatigue, and relieve oral inflammation and throat discomfort. Meanwhile, propolis can be categorised into green propolis and brown propolis. Green propolis is more nutritious than brown propolis, and is distinguished by its richness in an antioxidant - Artepillin C.
Green propolis is originally harvested by bees on the Baccharis Dracunculifolia to protect their hive.
It is characterized for its richness in antioxidants- Artepillin C, which has antibacterial and antiviral properties* that help:
· Relief of symptoms such as nasal congestion, runny nose, throat discomfort of common colds, conditions commonly referred to as influenza and similar upper respiratory tract infections
· Treatment of minor acute inflammatory conditions of the buccal cavity and pharynx
· Relief of symptoms of hay fever, rhinitis or catarrh, or blocked-up sinuses
· Relief of symptoms of aphthous ulcer, promoting oral cell recovery
· Improve the immune system and liver health
Thyme has been found for more than 5,000 years. The ancient Egyptians used thyme to embalm mummies and the ancient Romans used it in baths to promote physical vitality.
Thyme Extract, also known as thymol, is antibacterial and could inhibit the growth of Salmonella, Staphylococcus, fungus, yeast (such as Candida albicans), etc. that may relieve throat discomfort or cough
This product may cause allergy and please consult doctors’ advice for the pregnant or breastfeeding women before use.
* This product is made of natural green propolis and the ingredients stated on the packaging or below, for customary consumption as food and for well-being. It is not medicine. The benefits mentioned above refer to the health benefits that the ingredients themselves may have.
* This product is not registered under the Pharmacy and Poisons Ordinance or the Chinese Medicine Ordinance. Any claim made for it has not been subject to evaluation for such registration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease.
Ingredients for 6 sprays (0.5 ml or about 0.57g): Hydroglycerine liquid extract of thyme* 5.39mg, sage*, green propolis*47.9mg, lemon juice*, natural raspberry flavouring with other natural flavourings.
Net Weight: 20ml
Country of Origin: France
It is recommended to use it 2 to 3 times a day in 1 to 2 sprays. Shake the spray before using it.
The above details have been prepared to help you select suitable products. Products and their ingredients are liable to change.
You should always read the label before consuming or using the product and never rely solely on the information presented here.
1. Fischer G, Conceicao FR, Leite FP, Dummer LA, Vargas GD, Hubner Sde O, Dellagostin OA, Paulino N, Paulino AS, Vidor T. Immunomodulation produced by a Green Propolis extract on humoral and cellular responses of mice immunized with SuHV-1.
2. AA da Silva Filho, JP de Sousa, S Soares, NA Furtado, ML Andrade e Silva, WR Cunha, LE Gregorio, NP Nanayakkara, and JK Bastos. Antimicrobial activity of the extract and isolated compounds from Baccharis dracunculifolia D. C. (Asteraceae). http://highwire.stanford.edu/cgi/medline/pmid;18386486 Z Naturforsch [C], January 1, 2008; 63(1-2): 40-6.
3. Eqbal M.A. Dauqan, Aminah Abdullah. Medicinal and functional values of thyme (thymus vulgaris L.) herb. J. Appl. Biol. Biotechnol., 5 (2017), pp. 17-22
4. Directorate Agricultural Information Services. Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Private Bag X144, Pretoria, 0001 South Africa. 2009. http://www.daff.gov.za/docs/Brochures/EssOilsThyme.pdf